DAY 6 Lessons: About Labels and Your Posts

In our last lesson, your assignment is to add a gadget called "Label".   A “Label” gadget is very useful in classifying your blog posts according to topics. This gadget will help you keep track of your posts and will likewise help your readers easily find specific topics in your blog.

How to Use Labels:

I assumed that you already add your "Label" gadget, so the next thing you need to do is to click on “Design” on upper right- most corner of your blog, then "Layout".  Click on your "Labels" gadget and change it to CATEGORIES or TOPICS (in this blog, I chose "categories") then click on "SAVE".


After saving your settings and when you view your blog, you will notice that nothing changed at all, the gadget that you added (and edited) are not visible.  It's because labels can only be seen once you have a "labeled" blog post.


How To label a blog post:

When you create a new post (by clicking "New Post" link on upper-right corner), you will notice a "Post Settings" on the right side of your screen. Click on "Labels" and this will appear: 


For example, I made a post to greet blog readers a Merry Christmas, now if I labeled it "Holiday Greetings" and clicked on done to save it, when I published my post, CATEGORIES will now appear on my side bar including the label I typed-in for that particular post.


Readers will see it like this:






You can add several labels for each post. 

That's all for DAY 6! I'll be with you again tomorrow. 

God Bless!

Your Assignment:

List five possible future topics for your blog and take note of how are you going to label each post.

Next Lesson>> Difference between Posts and Pages


---------------------------
DAILY PRAYER :  

“Dear Lord, Guide me in my daily tasks.  May I learn something new every day and make use of what I’ve learned to improve myself. Keep me inspired and help me to stay focus so I may finish what I have planned to accomplish.          

Amen

---------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment