DAY 7 Lessons: Difference Between Posts & Pages

Today, we will talk about the difference between "Posts" and "Pages".

A blog "post", as you already know, refers to the articles or stories that you regularly add to your blog. By default, when a reader visits your blog address (ex. piapsguide.blogspot.com), the first content he/she will encounter is your most recent or latest post.

On the other hand, a blog "page", works like an ordinary website page, its content remains the same and can be access easily thru a link depending on the selected page setting. The content in your "pages" are not counted as "posts".

Pages, as I have mentioned in our Day 5 lesson, is a type of gadget that you can add in your blog. Before you can only add up to 10 pages but now you can add up to 20 pages.

There are two ways to add a Page gadget. 

1. The LONG Cut: Click on "Design", then "Layout", then "Add a Gadget".  Click on the plus sign on the Pages to add this gadget.


2. The SHORT Cut: Click on
"Design", then "Pages" link found at the left-side part.
 
 

You can set your pages to show in your blog's sidebar as "Side Links" or you can set it to show as "Top Tabs". For this blog, I chose the "Top Tabs", readers see it like this:


To add an additional page, click on the "New Page" button. You have the option to add a blank page (one that you can customize later) or you can add a web address or URL to send your readers to another webpage.


If you choose "Blank Page", you will be redirected to the page editing area where you can customize the content of that page.


If you choose to add a "Web Address", a pop-up box will appear and you have to type the page title and the web address (URL) you want to link to, then click on "save".


 Readers will view the pages that you added like this:


That's it for DAY 7, I'll be with you again tomorrow.

God Bless!


---------------------
Your Assignment:

Add at least 2 pages in your blog. (example: About Me, Contact Me, My Videos, Events, etc.)

Next Lesson>> Inserting Photos & Videos in Your Post

===============
DAILY PRAYER :  

“Dear Lord, Guide me in my daily tasks.  May I learn something new every day and make use of what I’ve learned to improve myself. Keep me inspired and help me to stay focus so I may finish what I have planned to accomplish.          

Amen

---------------------------

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this tutorial i am having fun and have a opportunities for having a online work

    ReplyDelete