DAY 28 Lessons - Short History of Blog

“10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer 

Write. 
Write more. 
Write even more. 
Write even more than that. 
Write when you don’t want to. 
Write when you do. 
Write when you have something to say. 
Write when you don’t. 
Write every day. 
Keep writing.”

Hello It’s Day 28 and today I will be sharing with you a brief history of BLOG

In simple terms, a blog is a personal journal published online.
 

The first generally recognized blog was created in January 1994 by a college student named Justin Hall.  The blog is Links.net and it was not called a blog then since the term “blog” was coined only in early 1999.  Justin Hall referred to it only as his personal homepage.

The term blog (coined by a veteran blogger named Peter Merholz in 1999) came from the word “weblog” a term coined in December 1997 by Jorn Barger, also a veteran blogger.

In the year 1999 blogging began to take off with the introduction of two free blogging tools >> Pitas and Blogger.

In July 1999, Pitas.com launched the first free build-your-own blog tool and in August 1999, Pyra Labs introduced “Blogger”.  Blogger was bought by Google.com in 2003, same year when Wordpress was introduced.


That’s it for today, be with you again tomorrow!

God Bless!

Piaps ^_^


--------------------------------------
DAILY PRAYER :

“Dear Lord, Guide me in my daily tasks.  May I learn something new every day and make use of what I’ve learned to improve myself. Keep me inspired and help me to stay focus so I may finish what I have planned to accomplish.

AMEN 
--------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment