DAY 9 Lessons: Useful Blogging Tools & Resources

Day 9 and today I'm going to present to you useful tools and resources for blogging. 

Actually, Blogger.com has lots of useful tools and gadgets already like the Google analytics, mobile and email posting, blog statistics and sharing gadgets, RSS and email subscription, and others.  So consider my recommended list of resources as additional “must-have” tools for bloggers, BTW, these are all free to download &/or use...


Six (6) "Must-Have" Blogging Tools/Resources:


1. A Screen Shot Software - To capture images on your screen, images that you may want to share in your blog.  Best recommended free software to accomplish this task is ScreenHunter 5 Free Version:

ScreenHunter 5 is a free software that can capture images on your screen and saves them as bitmap, jpeg or gif files (depending on your settings).  It can capture the whole image on your screen or just parts of it. It's easy to use and their free version is more than enough for your blogging needs.


2. An Image Editing Tool - To add descriptions, instructions or notes in the photos that you will use in your post. Microsoft's Paint is enough to do this task OR you can also use Paint.NET,  a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint.  Download it here >> http://www.getpaint.net/



3. Photos/Images for your blogs - To make your post more interesting. There are lots of photo-sharing websites online, both free and for a fee.  For free photos, I recommend FreeDigitalPhotos.net, they have lots and lots of quality photos which you can view by categories (ex. people, business, health, nature, etc.  Photos are free to use provided you publish a credit to the person who created the image. 



4.  A Blog Traffic Tracker - The best free tool I can recommend to track your blog is Feedjit.com.

Feedjit.com can give you real-time traffic feeds.  Know where your visitors are coming from, what keywords did they use in search engines to find your blog, and what link did they clicked when they left your blog. I'm using Feedjit's free version in my other blog, see how it works below:


This is how it looks like when installed in your blog's sidebar (just a sample, you can customize the background color, text color, width, and others settings to complement your blog design):


5. A Spell Checker - Spelling mistakes (and grammar) in your post may led readers to believe that you're careless or s-t-u-p-i-d, either way wrong spelling/s in your articles can affect your credibility as a blogger. 

To check word spellings, I recommend this free online spell checker website (no need to download anything, you can use it online):



6. A Thesaurus - This is helpful to avoid repetition of words in your post.  Best and most trusted online site to help you is Thesaurus.com.

Thesaurus.com also offers an online dictionary, translator, quotes and word references.

That's it for Day 9, I’ll be with you again tomorrow!


God Bless!

Piaps ^_^

Assignment >> Visit the sites I’ve mentioned and bookmark or download them for future use.

Next lesson >> Monetize your blog using Google Adwords/Adsense.

---------------------------
DAILY PRAYER :

“Dear Lord, Guide me in my daily tasks.  May I learn something new every day and make use of what I’ve learned to improve myself. Keep me inspired and help me to stay focus so I may finish what I have planned to accomplish.

AMEN
------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment