5 Most Common Types of Internet Marketing
1. Email Marketing: Promoting your products thru email. Email marketing has been very effective in growing your clients, making business relationships, and building trust between you and your clients thru constant communication via email.
2. Social Media Marketing: Promoting your products via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, YouTube, online forums, and others. This type of online marketing is mostly preferred by newbies, it's fun, simple and very effective.
3. Ad Marketing: Promoting your products thru paid or free online advertising. This include PPC advertising (pay per click), ads posted on classified ads sites such as Sulit, OLX, Craiglist, etc., traffic exchange sites, ptc (paid to click) sites, and others.
4. Article Marketing: Promoting your products by writing articles and posting them in your own blog/website, and in others' blogs/websites as well (Ex. guest posting and article submission to online directories). and...
5. Banner Marketing: The use of graphics and images (i.e. banners) to promote your products.
"Different strokes for different folks" You have to keep that in mind. Every person respond to a marketing campaign differently so no one type of internet marketing is enough - if you want your marketing campaign to be successful.
You have to use at least three types - actively and in harmony (Ex. Attractive banners linked to a newsletter sign-up page, or a "catchy" ad phrase linked to an engaging article posted on your blog).
2 Most Common Types of Internet Marketing Programs
1. Direct Marketing: Promoting your own product/s online. Here you set up your own marketing program based on what you think is best in getting your products notice and eventually making lots of sales.
2. Affiliate Marketing: Promoting other company's product online. Also referred to as "referral marketing, it is defined as "a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts." (Source: Wikipedia.org)
Okay, that's it for Lesson #2 - next lesson will be about what product/s to promote online and creating your own product.
ASSIGNMENT (For registered trainees only):
Conduct a simple self-assessment, list down your marketing strengths and weaknesses and based on the lesson for today, which of the marketing types will work best for you as an internet marketer.
Have a nice day! ^_^